Liverpool welcome relegation-threatened Swansea City to Anfield this weekend. Jurgen Klopp is set to restore Liverpool to their strongest lineup for a must-win game, after handing the majority of the first-team players a rare night off from action against Plymouth Argyle on Wednesday night.
Liverpool have not lost a league game at Anfield in over a year and maintaining that impressive form will be key to challenging for the title in May. The game against relegation-battling Swansea is a must win game for. at this moment in time three points is the only option as Liverpool need need to keep up the pace with league leaders Chelsea.
It will be interesting to see if Klopp relies upon a bit more experience this time round, the pressure will be on to avoid a
- Mignolet is set to start in goal.
- Klopp to restore Reds to full strength for the Swans’ visit.
- Return to 4-3-3 formation likely after change of shape in Plymouth cup win.
- Joel Matip is available after Fifa clearance.
- Coutinho to start after playing 60 minutes against Plymouth.
- Henderson expected to start.
- Can and Wijnaldum set to join him in midfield.
- Firmino to lead the line with Sturridge and Origi on the bench.
- Trent Alexander-Arnold could start if Clyne (Rib) fails to shake off injury.
My starting XI
Liverpool XI (4-3-3): Mignolet; Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Lovren, Milner; Can, Henderson, Wijnaldum; Coutinho, Firmino, Lallana.