We are all hoping for a much better game that last Sunday against Bournemouth. A game we were in full control having been in the lead by two goals twice. To then throw it away and lose 4-3.
Next up Liverpool host the Hammers at Anfield. A team at times we’ve struggled to battle with. Last season losing 3-0 in fact.
- Liverpool’s defeat to Bournemouth ended Liverpool’s 11 match unbeaten run.
- Liverpool have yet to lose successive Premier League games with Jürgen Klopp at the helm.
- Karius to continue as no.1 goalkeeper despite calls for him to be replaced.
- Liverpool have scored 13 league goals from set pieces this season.
- The previous three Premier League games involving Liverpool on a Sunday this season have all produced 7 goals. (21 in total).
A win will get our title challenge back on track – as Klopp said last week ‘no one won the league in December.’ But with Arsenal again winning today we need another 3 points to keep up with the leading pack.
Currently Man City are 4th – this is after leading the start of the Premier League campaign. Highlighting how close it all is again.
Liverpool’s attacking trident
It’s certain Divock Origi will start, with a goal in his last three games he’s now really hitting good form at the right time. Origi will certainly be hoping to make the most of West Ham’s injury problems. Hopefully taking advantage of both James Collins and Cheikhou Kouyate’s injuries.
It’s a good job that Joel Matip returns from his injury to strengthen the defence. Hopefully providing the stability we missed last weekend.
Lallana has returned to full fitness so the only other issue is who would play alongside Lallana and Henderson. Will it be Wijnaldum or Can? Can offers more power than Wijnaldum, so selecting him may provide that extra strength we need to overpower West Ham.
Possible lineup for Liverpool.
Their defence is even weaker than normal, so if Liverpool can play with their high tempo, full pressure there will be a lot if chances. Origi will have enough opportunities to make Klopp think twice about investing in a forward this winter.